Please find below a selection of resources relating to Stop Hunger to help you show your heart and play your part - some will only be applicable to Sodexo employees.
- Download and show your heart with Stop Hunger's 2020 annual report.
- Get your copy of the 2020 Stop Hunger donation roadmap and see where with your help our actions have made a difference.
- Click here to get involved in the conversation and follow us on Twitter @STOP_HungerUK.
Your Lucky Number - the Sodexo employee lottery
Your Lucky Number supports the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation. Almost half of the money raised helps to fund Stop Hunger partner charities operating in the UK and the rest will go to employees in the form of three weekly cash prizes.
In 2019 the lottery proceeds were £191,920, and of that, 45% was spent on Stop Hunger's good cause work, 43% on prizes, and 12% on expenses.
Currently there are nearly 4,000 members, which means that each member has, each week, a 1 in 4,000 chance of winning one of the following prizes:
- 1st prize - £1,200
- 2nd prize - £200
- 3rd prize - £150
The more Sodexo employees participate, the bigger the prize fund can be made, and the more money we raise for Stop Hunger! It’s really easy to take part and you could win some serious money, while helping those in need through the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation.
If you're a Sodexo employee and would like to take part, please visit the Sodexo Reward Hub to register - sodexorewardhub.com. Head to the Your Lucky Number section under 'Community' where you can find all the relevant information to join up and play.
Each week the results will be publicised right here on the Stop Hunger website.
Your Lucky Number winners - 1 March 2021
- 1st prize - Nicolas Morant from Schools & Universities
- 2nd prize - Abdul Khoysor from Corporate Services
- 3rd prize - Stewart Thomson from Energy & Resources
Congratulations to all!
Coronavirus (Covid-19) volunteering guidance
The challenges currently being experienced as a result of Coronavirus (Covid-19) are unprecedented and sadly impacting on many vulnerable people in our communities.
Volunteer opportunities can be undertaken in-person or remotely (e.g over the phone), however please do not volunteer or continue to volunteer if your actions would create a risk to your own health (or the health of others) or otherwise contravene the applicable UK Government and Health Service Executive (Republic of Ireland) guidance.
You can now book virtual or in-person volunteering opportunites via the Stop Hunger Goodness Platform and record any volunteering you have done in the system. This helps us know where and how you are making a difference.
Please follow the guidance document below to ensure you are taking the appropriate steps to keep us all safe including how to continue volunteering, how to book volunteering and more.
Download the guidance here (dated 3 August 2020).
Volunteering through Stop Hunger plays a vital role in Sodexo's commitment to fighting hunger and malnutrition both in the UK and Ireland as well as across the globe.
Through volunteering with our charity partners, we give Sodexo employees the chance to give something back whilst providing tremendous impact to local communities. Volunteering can also provide an excellent opportunity for team-building, so speak to your colleagues and get involved!
Sodexo employees are entitled to up to three paid days each holiday year to volunteer and can be organised via the Stop Hunger Goodness Platform.
These three days can be divided up into:
- Volunteer three days with a Stop Hunger charity (a charity fighting hunger and malnutrition)
- Volunteer two days with a Stop Hunger charity and one day with a charity of your choice
Both of these options can be tracked via the Goodness Platform, so we encourage you to record your time wherever posible so we know where and how you are making a difference.
How to volunteer with Stop Hunger
Step one: Request approval
When volunteering, Sodexo employees must request approval from their line manager for an approved absence.
Step two: Book / record your volunteering activity
You can either book your volunteering through the Goodness Platform or alternatively organise a volunteering through a charity of your choice and record your time.
Click here to access the Goodness Platform. If you do not have a Sodexo email address, you will need to log in with your username and employee number.
- Your username will be your employee number (found on your payslip) with ‘UKI’ Infront of it. Example UKI10124567
- Your password will be your surname followed by ‘!’ then the year you were born. Example Smith!1950
Use the documents below for support when accessing and using the Goodness Platform:
Step three: Read through the volunteering checklist and Health and Safety document
Download the volunteering checklist and Health and Safety document here.
At this stage, please also contact the charity and let them know you are attending, asking for any specific Health and Safety information for their site. If you are volunteering as a group, please select one person to act as the point of contact. Ensure you know where to go, how to get there, arrangements for refreshments and what safety clothing/footwear to wear.
Upon arrival, please perform the 3 Checks for Safety as you would with any work environment - please do not undertake any tasks that you do not feel can be done safely!
Step four: Have fun and keep in touch!
- Remember to enjoy the day and take lots of photos!
- Share your day with us on Facebook or tweet us at @STOP_HungerUK using #MyStopHungerPledge and let us know how you are getting on!
- If you need any help, please email StopHunger.UKandIE@sodexo.com for support.
Without your fundraising contributions, Stop Hunger could not support all its amazing charity partners and help local communities - it’s easy, fun and a little can go a long way to support people living with hunger.
Five great reasons to fundraise
- Gain new skills - you’ll gain knowledge and experience things which could benefit you - and it may help you in your role at work
- Meet people - whether it’s new people in your workplace or the wider community, mixing with different faces boosts your social skills
- Improve your wellbeing - research has shown that charitable activity has lots of positive physical and mental wellbeing effects
- Ditch work for the day - that’s because Sodexo allows you up to three paid days’ volunteering a year
- Make a difference - you’ll be helping others and ultimately improving yourself!
Making a payment to Stop Hunger
When paying any funds to the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation, please make sure to complete and submit this form.
Additional Stop Hunger resources
- Interactive pledge card: Write your #MyStopHungerPledge on this card, print it off and take a picture with it to share your pledge with the world - download here
- Facebook frames: Get adventurous and add a frame to your Facebook profile picture or Facebook story - head to your Facebook profile picture or camera to use.
- Facebook images: When sharing your #MyStopHungerPledge on Facebook, please use this image - download here
- Twitter images: When sharing your #MyStopHungerPledge on Twitter, please use this image - download here
- Sodexo Shop: If you are a Sodexo employee and would like to order collateral such as t-shirts, water bottles and caps, please click here.