Please find below a selection of resources relating to Stop Hunger to help you show your heart and play your part - some will only be applicable to Sodexo employees.
- Download and show your heart with Stop Hunger's 2021 annual report
- Get your copy of the 2020 Stop Hunger donation roadmap and see where with your help our actions have made a difference
- Click here to get involved in the conversation and follow us on Twitter @STOP_HungerUK
- Scroll down this page for everything you need to volunteer, fundraise, and take part in the Sodexo employee lottery - we even have Stop Hunger resources just for you!
Your Lucky Number - the Sodexo employee lottery
Your Lucky Number supports the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation. Almost half of the money raised helps to fund Stop Hunger partner charities operating in the UK and the rest will go to employees in the form of three weekly cash prizes.
In 2019 the lottery proceeds were £191,920, and of that, 45% was spent on Stop Hunger's good cause work, 43% on prizes, and 12% on expenses.
Currently there are nearly 4,000 members, which means that each member has, each week, a 1 in 4,000 chance of winning one of the following prizes:
- 1st prize - £1,200
- 2nd prize - £200
- 3rd prize - £150
The more Sodexo employees participate, the bigger the prize fund can be made, and the more money we raise for Stop Hunger! It’s really easy to take part and you could win some serious money, while helping those in need through the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation.
If you're a Sodexo employee who can access the Sodexo Reward Hub, head to the Your Lucky Number section under 'Community' to find all the relevant information to join up and play.
Important - please review Sodexo's updated volunteering policy
Volunteer opportunities can be undertaken in-person or remotely (e.g over the phone), however please do not volunteer or continue to volunteer if your actions would create a risk to your own health (or the health of others) or otherwise contravene the applicable UK Government and Health Service Executive (Republic of Ireland) guidance.
Volunteering through Stop Hunger plays a vital role in Sodexo's commitment to fighting hunger and malnutrition both in the UK and Ireland as well as across the globe.
Through volunteering with our charity partners, we give Sodexo employees the chance to give something back whilst providing tremendous impact to local communities. Volunteering can also provide an excellent opportunity for team-building, so speak to your colleagues and get involved!
Sodexo employees who can access the Reward Hube are entitled to up to three paid days each holiday year to volunteer which can be organised via the Stop Hunger Goodness Platform.
These three days can be divided up into:
- Volunteer three days with a Stop Hunger charity (a charity fighting hunger and malnutrition)
- Volunteer two days with a Stop Hunger charity and one day with a charity of your choice
Both of these options can be tracked via the Goodness Platform, so we encourage you to record your time wherever posible so we know where and how you are making a difference.
How to volunteer with Stop Hunger
Step one: Request approval
When volunteering, Sodexo employees must request approval from their line manager for an approved absence.
Step two: Book / record your volunteering activity
You can either book your volunteering through the Goodness Platform or alternatively organise a volunteering through a charity of your choice and record your time.
Click here to access the Goodness Platform. If you do not have a Sodexo email address, you will need to log in with your username and employee number.
- Your username will be your employee number (found on your payslip) with ‘UKI’ Infront of it. Example UKI10124567
- Your password will be your surname followed by ‘!’ then the year you were born. Example Smith!1950
Use the documents below for support when accessing and using the Goodness Platform:
Step three: Read and follow the volunteering checklist
Download the volunteering checklist document here.
This document contains everything you need to complete your volunteering successfully and safely. It is important to complete all sections of this pack as you work through your volunteering.
Step four: Have fun and keep in touch!
- Remember to enjoy the day and take lots of photos and videos!
- Share your volunteering with us on Facebook or tweet us at @STOP_HungerUK using #MyStopHungerPledge or #ShowYourHeartPlayYourPart and let us know how you are getting on!
- If you need any help, please email the Stop Hunger team for support.
Without your fundraising contributions, Stop Hunger could not support all its amazing charity partners and help local communities - it’s easy, fun and a little can go a long way to support people living with hunger.
Five great reasons to fundraise
- Gain new skills - you’ll gain knowledge and experience things which could benefit you - and it may help you in your role at work
- Meet people - whether it’s new people in your workplace or the wider community, mixing with different faces boosts your social skills
- Improve your wellbeing - research has shown that charitable activity has lots of positive physical and mental wellbeing effects
- Ditch work for the day - that’s because Sodexo allows you up to three paid days’ volunteering a year
- Make a difference - you’ll be helping others and ultimately improving yourself!
IMPORTANT: After your fundraising
- Once your fundraising event is over, make sure to deposit any cash and/or cheque payments using the paying-in form.
- Please also record your activity through this simple form - we want to see where you are making a difference!
Stop Hunger resources
Use the Stop Hunger resources below to promote your fundrasing and volunteering activities.
QR donation poster - display QR donation posters across your site to give people the opportunity to donate small amounts to Stop Hunger on the go; the modern day charity bucket has arrived!
Please note: When displaying the QR donation poster, please keep track of donations and use the paying-in form so we can attribute any donations to your segment's targets.
|A - Z of fundraising - be inspired by a range of fundraising activities you can do either by yourself or as a team,
in-person or virtually!
Interactive site poster - use the three posters below to promote what your site is doing and the target you want to achieve; remember to put it up on notice boards
General poster - show you support around your site or office and raise awareness of Stop Hunger.
Interactive pledge card - either #ShowYourHeartPlayYourPart or make a #MyStopHungerPledge on this card, print off and share it with the world!
Interactive 2x3 photo poster - insert pictures into the 2x3 poster to promote who is getting involved and supporting Stop Hunger.
Twitter images - get on Twitter and tell people how you're supporting Stop Hunger!
Facebook images - Are you on Facebook? Use these images to promote your Stop Hunger activities with your online network.
Facebook frames - Get adventurous and add a frame to your Facebook profile picture or Facebook story
Email banners - help raise awareness of Stop Hunger on your emails.